기본 콘텐츠로 건너뛰기

하나님이 보시기에 가장 가치 있는 삶이란 '예수 그리스도를 증언하는 일'로 시작해서 그것으로 마치는 것입니다!

  https://youtu.be/ixEWLcUp9Xk?si=uMU2Fmhwbqa0riJH

“yet I will rejoice in the LORD” (Habakkuk 3:17-18)

 Day 9: Habakkuk 3:17-18

 

 

 

 

“yet I will rejoice in the LORD”

 

 

 

 

In what situation did the prophet Habakkuk dedicate himself to rejoicing in the Lord?  He dedicated himself to rejoicing in the Lord in a situation where he was awaiting a day of trouble.  Here, this day of trouble refers to the day when God would raise up the Babylonians to judge the people of Judah (Habak. 1:6).  The prophet Habakkuk knew that due to the war with Babylon, there would be a lack of crops and livestock in the land of Israel.  Nevertheless, despite this, the prophet Habakkuk dedicated himself to the Lord, declaring, "yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior," while patiently awaiting the fulfillment of God's prophecy even in such a situation.

 

Why was the prophet Habakkuk able to rejoice in the Lord even in such a difficult situation?  There are two reasons that can be seen.  The first reason is that God would be his salvation (3:18), and the second reason is that God would be his strength (v. 19).


댓글